Made from 100% natural, mineral-rich volcanic soil from Mount Aso in Japan and infused with beneficial nitrifying bacteria, Bio-Stratum is specifically formulated to provide immediate biological activity and maintain ideal conditions for a thriving planted aquarium. Characterized by its non-compacting 1 mm powder granules, Bio-Stratum allows plants with even the finest and most delicate roots to easily spread throughout the porous substrate while absorbing a powerful mix of nutrients, minerals and trace elements that promote explosive growth and overall health.
- Promotes healthy plant development, vigorous growth and vibrant colors
- Infused with dormant beneficial nitrifying bacteria that, once in contact with water, are activated to break down waste and kickstart the nitrogen cycle
- Rapidly reduces ammonia levels to help stabilize water conditions in new aquariums
- Lightweight 1 mm powder format granules are non-compacting and allow even the finest and most delicate roots to easily penetrate and spread throughout substrate
- Porous granules promote extensive bacterial colonization and act as an additional source of biological filtration for improved water quality
- Includes a powerful mix of plant-friendly nutrients, minerals and trace elements
- Helps support a neutral to slightly acidic pH – ideal for live plants as well as tropical fish and shrimp commonly kept in planted aquariums
- Softens water naturally, reducing carbonate hardness
- Will not stain water and helps control organic discoloration
- Unique curing and heat treatment process helps extend soil life and ensures no parasites are present
- Ideal for use in smaller freshwater aquariums or as a top layer in larger tanks
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.