API® AQUARIUM SALT is made from evaporated sea salt and is a must-have for your aquarium! AQUARIUM SALT promotes fish health by improving gill function, making it easier for fish to breathe. It also provides essential electrolytes that fish need to reach peak coloration and vitality. These electrolytes may be lost each time you perform a partial water change, and will need to be replenished.
Use API AQUARIUM SALT in freshwater aquarium tanks when starting a new aquarium, and any time you perform a water change. Care should be taken when using salt in aquariums with live plants, as some plants may be sensitive.
Add 1 rounded tablespoon for every 5 gallons or 0.5 teaspoon for every gallon of aquarium water.
- Should I add API AQUARIUM SALT every time I perform a partial water change?
- Yes, add 1 rounded tablespoon of API AQUARIUM SALT for every 5 gallons or ½ rounded tablespoon for every gallon of water. When doing a water change, add any treatments and supplements to the new water before adding salt to your aquarium.
- Can API AQUARIUM SALT create high general hardness readings?
- API AQUARIUM SALT will not affect the hardness levels of your water.
- Does API AQUARIUM SALT affect the tank pH?
- API AQUARIUM SALT does not raise or lower the pH levels in your tank.
- I think my fish has a fungal infection. Can I use API AQUARIUM SALT to get rid of it?
- API AQUARIUM SALT is intended to keep your fish healthy, and while it does promote disease recovery, it is not a holistic solution to heal and treat fish diseases. API BETTAFIX™ fish remedy, PIMAFIX™ fish remedy, and FUNGUS CURE™ fish remedy are all options that API brand offers to combat fungal infections. These can all be used with the added support of API AQUARIUM SALT.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.