Masks are now mandatory!
To protect ourselves and our customers we require that you must wear a mask while shopping in the store. If you don't have one, we have some disposable masks available for $1.
At Aquariums West we are taking every precaution to protect our customers and ourselves from the virus that is circulating our world. Our goal is to keep EVERYONE safe, simple as that! This may mean taking a little bit longer to do your shopping. We apologize if your wait is long. Most of you are understanding and appreciative of the lengths that we have taken to keep everyone safe. Thank you so much! But there are those very few who insist on not wearing a mask or in monopolizing the staff regardless of the people waiting in line and are offended if asked to wear a mask or to move along. It is extremely stressful for the staff to maintain their cool throughout the day. Hopefully, one day, in the near future, we will be able to go back to the way it was.
We remain focused on continuing with the best possible care for all the fish, plants, reptiles and small animals that currently live at Aquariums West. Being designated as an essential service means we are open from 12-6 daily so that you can take care of your animals too. Our pets are oblivious to the situation that the world is experiencing, and no one wants to see them suffer.
Payment accepted will be by tap only.
Things might look a little different in the store. We have put new procedures in place to keep everyone safe. Please wait until it is your turn and a staff member will welcome you into the store. We are currently managing the number of people in the shop (6) to ensure everyone has enough space to feel comfortable. We will use our discretion when allowing small family units in and may consider them as 1 customer.
For your safety and ours, we are wearing masks and require that you do too. If you arrive without a mask, you can purchase one for $1.
Here are some guidelines:
- 6 Customer groups will be permitted at one time
- Please avoid coming in large groups
- Masks are required
- If you do not feel well, please come back when you are better
- Use the hand sanitizer as soon as you enter
- Respect distancing and maintain 2 meters between yourself and others
- Please limit the things you touch to the things you buy
- Keep your visit to no more than 30 minutes
- Have your questions prepared beforehand and be aware that others are waiting to enter the store. This may not be the time for 1,001 questions!
- Exit by elevator, 2 people at one time only.
To make your shopping experience safe we have installed plastic shields around the cash register. We clean and sanitize all touch surfaces such as the door handles, stair hand rails, counters and pin pad several times a day.